Candipool is a responsive website and a mobile app. Candipool users are job aspirants/employers, Candipool will help the users to achieve desired goals in their career. It is not a Linkedin networking site or a job recruitment website, it is a platform that will help other platforms. Candipool features include:
- Job Aspirants Domain
- Assessor Domain
- Employers Domain
- Resume Writing Service Domain
- Interview / Coaching Domain
We are a small team of three people. A product owner, an advisor and me. We work remotely. We have an open channel of communication and cooperative work. I suggest the plan and schedule where we established the process for work prioritisation and milestones.
The product owner have knowledge of the target user. He is the right person to point the team on the right direction.
It is a greenfield project from concept to deliver.
1. DISCOVER Top
During this stage I conduct the research. I looked at the competitive landscape and interview people. The primary users of Candipool are immigrants. Candipool would help people that move to other countries and don’t have the necessary network to acquire jobs. Candipool will enable the user’s skills to be tested online.1.1 Understanding the Users
1.1 Understanding the Users Top
Who are we designing for
As part of the user research I chose three personas who will be the primary users of the website:
1.2 What is Currently Out There Top
Methods: competitive analysis
We conduct a research among indirect competitors. Here’s a short summary that highlights a selection of competitors and the key findings that are relevant to our project.
1. JOB HUNTING: Apply for jobs advertised on LinkedIn.
2. HIRE CANDIDATES: Search and research members profile and hire right candidates.
3. PROFESSIONAL NETWORK: LinkedIn has over 430 Million members.
4. SOCIAL SELLING PLATFORM: LinkedIn has over 430 million professional members and over 3 Million company pages. Use LinkedIn to build strong relations and sell your products and services. Subscribe to Sales Navigator available under Tab Business Services as Sales Solution. Measure your progress by tracking LinkedIn SSI (Social Selling Index)
5. NEWSLETTER: LinkedIn is your Newsletter wherein you Publish blog posts to share across 430 Million members.
6. SOCIAL JOURNALISM: Its like your Local Daily wherein you share current news or write about new happenings in your geography. Engage your connections contents
7. BROADCAST EVENTS: Broadcast your events, seminars or training workshop on Time line or in the blog post.
8. SLIDESHARE: Archive your Power Point presentation on Slideshare. This is your common repository. Also study others PPT on your subject of interest. SLIDESHARE TAB IS AVAILABLE UNDER INTEREST.
9. RESEARCH PLATFORM: Leaders Research individuals and companies on LinkedIn to plan out their business meeting strategy.
10. VIRTUALMENTORING PLATFORM: Mentor (By responding to questions and giving feedback on members profile) and be mentored (by studying experts profiles and their career journey) on LinkedIn.
11. DRIVE TRAFFIC TO COMPANY WEBSITE: Build LinkedIn company page and drive traffic to your company website.
12. DIGITAL REPUTATION (Branding) : Your LinkedIn profile is your Digital reputation. Build rock solid profile and tell members how you help them.
13. COLLECTIVE WISDOM: Leverage collective wisdom of 430 million members by Asking questions and solution to your problems.
14. REFERRAL ENGINE: LinkedIn is a referral engine. Request referral and give referrals. the more you give the more you will get ( Law of Reciprocity – Boomerang)
15. ROLODEX: LinkedIn is your private Rolodex.
16. RECOGNITION PLATFORM: Recognize achievement of your connections by congratulating them on promotions, when they are mentioned in media.
17. FELICITATION PLATFORM: wish your connections on Birthdays, work anniversaries and build strong relationships.
18. SALES FUNNEL: Leverage LinkedIn to request appointments for business meeting and build your Sales funnel.
19. EXPERT STATUS: Publish blog posts on your “line of business” and gain expert status.
20. TRENDS PLATFORM : Note and discover trending news, technology or activity by following what everyone is talking about, sharing or publishing.
21. EDUCATION PLATFORM: Get education by subscribing to Lynda.com or following influencers’ blog posts. USE LEARNING TAB UNDER INTEREST
22. CAREER PLANNING: Plan your career by researching profiles of high profile individuals in your domain.
23. COMMUNITY: Build community of members of common interest – LinkedIn Groups. Groups Tab is available under Interest Tab
24. RESEARCH UNIVERSITIES: USING ALUMNI TAB UNDER NETWORK. Explore members experience or placements of University student. Also find and connect with Alumni.
25. COMMUNICATION ENGINE: Use Inmail feature to communicate direct with your connections.
26. MARKET SEGMENTATION: Use LinkedIn to segment your market. Bring laser sharp focus who you want to target by using Advanced search and building your Prospect list.
27. LEAD GENERATION PLATFORM: Use LinkedIn Advertising Tab under Accounts & Setting Tab to kick start lead generation engine. Its a paid service.
On Upwork you’ll find a range of top talent, from programmers to designers, writers, customer support reps, and more.
- Start by posting a job. Tell us about your project and the specific skills required.
- Upwork analyzes your needs. Our search functionality uses data science to highlight freelancers based on their skills, helping you find talent that’s a good match.
- Upwork send you a shortlist of likely candidates. You can also search upwork site for talent, and freelancers can view your job and submit proposals too.
Invite favourite candidates to submit bids, then review and hire your favourite.
- Browse profiles. View finalists’ Upwork profiles to see client ratings, portfolios, Job Success scores, and more.
- Review proposals. Evaluate bids, taking into account each freelancer’s qualifications, thought process, timeline, and overall cost.
- Schedule a chat. Ask specific questions, determine who’s the best fit, and contract.
WORK AS A FREELANCER
Each project includes an online workspace shared by your team and your freelancer, allowing you to:
- Send and receive files. Deliver digital assets in a secure environment.
- Share feedback in real time. Use Upwork Messages to communicate via text, chat, or video.
- Use our mobile app. Many features can be accessed on your mobile phone when on the go.
PAY YOUR FREELANCER
Pay your freelancer by the hour, or a fixed price for the entire project. On fixed-price jobs, use our licensed escrow service to release funds as pre-set milestones are met.
- Simplified global payments. Upwork delivers payments to freelancers in over 170 countries.
- Includes Upwork Payment Protection. Only pay for work you authorize.
- Invoicing and reporting. Access your invoices and transaction history on Upwork.
1.3 Identify the best way to make the website user friendly Top
Determine how people approach their experience what the current pain points are.
Methods: user interviews
User interviews really help to understand how people approach searching for a new job or for potential employees and how they plan a research, interview and make decisions. We learnt that in general, people know where they would like to work and they would like people to have a crystal ball to see they are capable of doing a good job. On the other hand recruiters are worried about choosing the wrong person for the job and living with the consequences.
“I would like to have a bull**** detector”
Candidates are really keen to work hard and earn money, the pain point is to prove they have the desired skills since nobody knows them. Candidates get rejected over and over again and the process destroys their self esteem. Recruiters on the other hand want to get their job done and find the process a waist of their time. Programmers, for example, want to program and don’t want to spend their time talking to potential employees. At the same time they feel the pressure of recruiting and they don’t want to make a bad decision.
Closer look at our user’s experience
Methods: experience map, user flow
User flow: James looking to get payed
User flow: Mark looking to hire employee
3. DEVELOP Top
Test initial ideas, creating sketches and digital wireframes
3.1 Idea generation Top
Methods: design studio
Together with Munish I brainstorm ideas around such topics as how the user can approach candipool. I look at the user flow developed on the previous stage (discovery).
- Minimise risk. Start with the minimum viable product
- Make incremental improvements
3.2 Testing initial ideas Top
Methods: digital wireframes user testing
Based on the ideas generated during the brainstorm, I create rapid digital wireframes that I test with users.
3.3 Iterative evolution Top
Methods: sketches, digital wireframing, user testing, clickable prototyping in InVision
Simple sketches evolve into more detailed wireframes that are tested and adjusted along the way.
4. DELIVER Top
I create a clickable prototype that address the journey of the two main users, on mobile and desktop